Touchpad gesture support (e.g. for zooming via touchpad pinch gestures)

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:30:48 UTC 2022

Hi Povilas,

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 12:04 AM Povilas Kanapickas <povilas at radix.lt>
wrote:

> Hi Tomaž,
>
> I can do either approach as you please. The reason why I created
> separate event types for each gesture type was the experience when
> implementing touchpad gestures for the X server. Putting all data into a
> single struct becomes hard to manage in the end, because it's not
> obvious what data each logical event carries and as consequence code
> becomes error prone and harder to refactor.

Right, this is always an issue, but then I thought we could do something
inside GestureEvent to make this easier (some data class hierarchy for each
gesture or something like that).

> Please let me know if I should just put everything into the Gesture
> class though. You know better which approach will be easier to maintain
> in the specific case of LibreOffice project.

I merged those patches, so I guess I'm fine with that. :) There are already
separate LongPress and Swipe events too. We can always change it later -
it's not a big deal. Thanks.

> Thanks a lot,
> Povilas

Rest regards,