Crash test update

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Tue Feb 1 07:41:05 UTC 2022

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 02:32:55PM +0000, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> I think I may have identified where this began to happen, with
>
> commit 493a916a3113e877835c9bc7c93faef0d29f9a33
> Date:   Mon Feb 22 14:28:59 2021 +0100
>
>     tdf#140158 tdf#138598 tdf#140598 sw: fix sync of AS_CHAR textboxes
>
> the porfly.cxx change of that commit. I find that if I disable the line
> calling SetFormatAttr(aNewTxBxAnchor) then the assert doesn't fire.
>
> I presume something goes out of sync when setting an anchor to a
> different SwTextNode than it was originally and this leads to the later
> assert. What the right solution is though it totally opaque to me.

I think even if the anchor type is as-char, the intention is to maintain
that the draw format (shape) and its fly format (text frame) has the
same anchor position. We can't have as-char as the anchor type for both,
but normally we import the shape with as-char and a certain anchor
position, then we can have the fly format with to-char and the same
anchor position.

I can't think of a situation off the top of my head where it's correct
that the two formats would have SwFormatAnchors that point to a
different SwPosition.

Alco CC Laszlo who reviewed the above commit.

Regards,

Miklos