Material preset "Metal" for extruded custom shapes

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Feb 2 19:49:56 UTC 2022

Hi Armin,

Armin Le Grand schrieb am 02.02.2022 um 09:57:
> Hi Regina,
>
> I remember that we did 'metal' *before* other competitor(s), so that
> same name is/must be just coincidence.

I don't think it was before MS Office. The presets "Plastic", "Matte",
"Metal" and "Wireframe" for extruded custom shapes had already exist in
MS Office 97.

  Like 'Gold' it was to give the
> user more possibilities/selections to play around. Some lighting
> presets, if you wish.

Yes I know. Those presets from 3D-scene are not helpful here. They
contain fixed material colors, whereas those from the extruded custom
shapes work for any material color. But it might be, that the strange
definition in ODF was influenced by these 3D-scene presets.

The import of MS Office "Metal" and "Matte" to a 3D-scene in ODF 1.1 had
already clearly visible errors in lighting, so those ways are not usable
here.

Kind regards,
Regina