Unable to compile LibreOffice 7.3. Stuck at harfbuzz error messages

dreamnext at gmail.com dreamnext at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 17:09:45 UTC 2022

With a workaround, I solved the issue of Harfbuzz/graphite not compiling on
32-bit.

I could not figure out why the Harfbuzz/graphite packages included as part
of the source code of LibreOffice 7.3 didn’t work. They worked fine up to
the 7.2.5 version.

Nevertheless, thanks to a lead on the linuxfromscratch website about how to
compile LibreOffice 7.3.0, I added the following lines to my autogen.input
file:

--with-system-graphite
--with-system-harfbuzz

The following related packages are installed on my system; maybe some of
them were not relevant to solve this issue:

libgraphite2-3
libgraphite2-dev
gir1.2-harfbuzz-0.0
libharfbuzz-dev
libharfbuzz-gobject0
libharfbuzz-icu0
libharfbuzz0b
libicu-le-hb-dev
libicu-le-hb0

And… voilà! LibreOffice compiles with no issues.

The most recent version of the 32-bit edition of our distro, Escuelas Linux
6.17, was already released with LibreOffice 7.2.5, so we are currently
evaluating to release a Fix Pack to include LibreOffice 7.3 to match our
64-bit edition.

Best Regards.