UI test logger has wrong expectations on vertical tabs

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Feb 17 15:54:21 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-02-17 at 17:32 +0200, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
> vcl/source/control/ivctrl.cxx has collectUIInformation with the
> parent as the last parameter. It is run in
> VerticalTabControl::SetCurPageId
>
> I set a breakpoint there and indeed 'p GetPageParent()->get_id()'
> returns an empty string.
>
> GetPageParent() is in vcl/inc/verticaltabctrl.hxx and gets a VclVBox
> object.
>
> VclVBox is found in include/vcl/layout.hxx

So GetPageParent() is just m_xBox.get() and that m_xBox is the one
created in the ctor of VerticalTabControl. If it should have an id then
some m_xBox->set_id("whatever") would make that string non-blank.

I don't really know if that "Parent" is particularly useful for any
purpose? I don't think I see anything equivalent for the "normal"
horizontal TabControl, maybe it makes more sense to drop the "Parent"
argument instead of giving it an id.