Problems in Writer with rotated text in shapes

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Jul 6 23:00:03 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I am still working on
   tdf#149551 separate TextRotateAngle from TextPreRotateAngle
   https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/136447

PPTX import and export are now basically OK, but DOCX does not work at
all. I have some questions about this:

(1)
I have turned off creating a textbox associated with the shape for some
cases, so I can see what happens on import. (Text rotations are still
missing here as a reason not to use a textbox).
-            else if (mbTextBox)
+            else if (mbTextBox && getRotation() == 0 && !mbFlipV)
              {
                  aShapeProps.setProperty(PROP_TextBox, true);
              }

Apart from the fact that the shape-text cannot contain images, math
objects or bullets, does this cause any other problems?

(2)
The textbox created automatically on import of a shape causes
significant problems when the text in the shape needs to be rotated for
some reason. Could the creation of the textbox be limited to cases where
the capabilities of a frame are actually needed?

(3)
The XML_bodyPr element is handled directly in WpsContext.cxx. Why is
TextBodyPropertiesContext not used? Evaluating the attributes is quite
complex if done correctly, see e.g.:
TextBodyProperties::pushTextDistances(). It would be nice not to have to
repeat all this within WpsContext.

Kind regards,
Regina