LO Windows SDK - Compiler error: Unkown Platform

Fatih Yegin mail.fyegin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 03:58:39 UTC 2022

Doctor, is there any hope?

As an aside, here's how I setup my configuration:

1. Install LO and sdk to default installation paths*

2. Move them to "C:\"

3. Install msys, and don't forget to update the msys and msys mingw64
terminals with `pacman -Syu`**

4. (Optional) Make msys shortcuts on "USER_NAME\Desktop" (especially
mingw64 one)

5. Install cmake according to this link:
https://www.msys2.org/docs/cmake/

6. Run setupsdkenv<...>.batch, ideally from cmd***

7. Run msys's mingw64 environment from this terminal with `cmd /C ...`,
preferably from the desktop shortcut****

8. Configuration should be ready now.

While writing these, it gave me an idea by the way. I have never tried
to move the LO & sdk to msys root (C:\msys64\). In theory, if I setup
the environment variables correctly, I should be able to compile the
examples from msys & infer from their compile commands.

I can't try this rightaway, however I will try to send a follow up e-
mail when I have spare time.

Kind regards,
Fatih Yegin

*This is important as otherwise installation will break with bunch of
missing dll errors due to the ancient installer (My heartfelt apologies
for not mentioning earlier, it was completely out of my mind). The
reason I did this was to compile the examples, however it didn't work
out.

**For installation steps:
https://www.msys2.org/#installation

***For unix tools use "C:\msys64\usr\bin", "msys64" part can change
depending on your installation (This allows the execution of unix
commands as part of msys from cmd as well, beware!).

****This is also important. This way we can access the environment
variables we had set up before (e.g. "$OO_SDK_HOME"). You can see these
variables with `set` from msys.