Apparent bug in Writer word wrapping

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:47:35 UTC 2022

On 08.06.2022 21:19, dep wrote:
> Writer splits words and starts new line, in the middle of
> the word, without hypenation. Hyphenation is turned off everywhere I have
> found that this can be done (not exactly intuitive, is it). Problem is
> illustrated in the attached partial screenshot.

Most likely, your text is attributed as using a language that allows
splitting between any characters. E.g., selecting any text and setting
its character language as 'ja' (Japanese) gives what is shown on your
screenshot. This is not a bug, and you need to set the correct language
to the text.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski