Building LibreOffice on Raspberry Pi 4

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Wed Jun 8 20:37:07 UTC 2022

Hi,

Am 08.06.22 um 19:20 schrieb Hossein Nourikhah:
> I was trying to build LibreOffice master on 32 bit armhf Debian 10
> (Official Raspbian) on Raspberry Pi 4. I could compile and run
> LibreOffice successfully, but some changes were necessary. Here's how:

Your mail prompted me to retry it with current master. Since the alpha
builds fine..

> First, some information about the OS:
>
> $ cat /etc/os-release
> PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
> NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
> VERSION_ID="10"
> VERSION="10 (buster)"
> VERSION_CODENAME=buster
> ID=raspbian
> ID_LIKE=debian
> HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
> SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
> BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"

Ugh, old. Why oldstable? And why raspbian in the first place if you use
a rpi4 anyway?

Following with a "real" Debian on a rpi4 (arm64, actually with a armhf
chroot).

> This is my build configuration:
>
> $ cat autogen.input
> --with-jdk-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-armhf
Unneeded. Just works.
> --enable-dbgutil

I always build without. Maybe it has to do with it....

> --without-doxygen
> --disable-pdfium
>
> This was the problem with pdfium, so I disabled it:
>
> [CXX]
> workdir/UnpackedTarball/pdfium/third_party/base/allocator/partition_allocator/partition_oom.cpp
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:194: Error: selected processor does not support
> `yield' in ARM mode
> make[1]: *** [/home/pi/Projects/core/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:404:
> /home/pi/Projects/core/workdir/GenCxxObject/UnpackedTarball/pdfium/third_party/base/allocator/partition_allocator/spin_lock.o]
> Error 1

Works here.

(Though on Debian unstable)

> Then, I had this problem:
> [...]

Or use system-libs ;-)

> Other than that, I had to remove 'Executable_regmerge from
> registry/Module_registry.mk, as it was causing problem for the build.

For example? Works here, too.
> I expect regmerge to get removed soon:
>
> [API CHANGE] Remove deprecated idlc and regmerge from the SDK
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/122363

For 7.5 at the earliest..

> The final problem that I have encountered was that some libraries were
> build with a '-lo' suffix, as it was expected:

Again no problem if you use the system libs. all needed stuff exist in
Debian proper.

(The only problem we had was that we need

https://salsa.debian.org/libreoffice-team/libreoffice/libreoffice/-/blob/master/patches/arm-fp-mode.diff

so that bridges compiles but that's probably because our gcc
configuration and thus I didn't upstream that one. I think the error was
similar to your pdfim one though).

Regards,

Rene