'make check' fails when building with gcov code coverage

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon May 30 08:02:48 UTC 2022

On 25/05/2022 14:38, Maarten Hoes wrote:
> gb_GCOV=YES verbose=t make UITest_solver
> gb_GCOV=YES verbose=t make CppunitTest_sccomp_solver
> gb_GCOV=YES verbose=t make CppunitTest_sccomp_swarmsolvertest

I /think/ to remember that at least some of those solver tests are time
based, so that they may occasionally fail for slow builds.  (I've seen
such *Test_*solver* fail on and off for
<https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_ubsan/> and/or my local ASan+UBSan
builds, tried to look into it a long time ago, got confirmation from I
can't remember who that those tests can indeed timeout unsuccessfully
without necessarily indicating a failure, and thus started to ignore
them ever since.)