terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::deployment::DeploymentException'

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:18:30 UTC 2022

Hi,

On 02.11.2022 10:12, Kevin Suo wrote:
> I have been suffering the DeploymentException discussed below for a long
> time. Good news is that, this seems now have been fixed by:
>

> commit 8c6467a785037309d2a2cec56c8e38cf52da0aee
> Author: Mike Kaganski <mike.kaganski at collabora.com>
> Date:   Sat Oct 29 23:38:12 2022 +0300
>
>      MSI: fix handling empty directories

Great; likely that means that the problem was because of missing empty
directory that is expected to be present.

> I am wondering whether you can backport this commit to libreoffice-7-4
> as well, since the problem below also exists on 7.4 branch.

No. The change is a bit risky, because that Perl-based installer
machinery is very opaque, and - as you see yourself, it's very difficult
to track the problems that may arise from errors in the Perl scripts.
One regression has already appeared and hopefully was fixed by
89022d5b6dc51e592e22bb8ff94c430ec14de17c; I already see another flaw in
my code. It must boil in master.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski