WollMux adoption proposal for The Document Foundation

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 23 18:43:10 UTC 2022

Hello,

Just some remarks :

- since it's an extension already maintained, I don't get the interest
to have it in LO

- I thought the goal was to reduce Java dependency but this extension is
written in Java

- I read "deep integration with LO" but LO is written in C++ for at
least 90% so a "deep integration" would be to rewrite this in C++, it
would perhaps also allow to avoid UNO which slows down process, in a
mailmerge it can be relevant.

(would it replace all the existing mailmerge C++ mechanism which is not
perfect but which is slowly improved  year after year?)

- at least for impact, there'll be more bugtrackers automatically, just
hope current maintainers will be present for triaging and bug fixing

Julien