Tests failures trying to package LO in Fedora

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Aug 8 08:09:59 UTC 2023

On 8/8/23 08:05, libreoffice at sparebit.simplelogin.com wrote:
> Il 07/08/23 11:55, Eike Rathke - erack at redhat.com ha scritto:
>> However, the build seems to have a more general problem, the build.log
>> output is full with plenty of "exceeds maximum object size" like (first
>> occurrence)
>>
>> | /builddir/build/BUILD/libreoffice-7.6.0.2/cppuhelper/source/component_context.cxx:571:87: warning: argument 1 value '18446744073709551615' exceeds maximum object size 9223372036854775807 [-Walloc-size-larger-than=]
>> |   571 |     std::unique_ptr<ContextEntry_Init[]> mapped_entries(new ContextEntry_Init[nEntries]);
>> |       |                                                                                       ^
>> | /usr/include/c++/13/new:128:26: note: in a call to allocation function 'operator new []' declared here
>> |   128 | _GLIBCXX_NODISCARD void* operator new[](std::size_t) _GLIBCXX_THROW (std::bad_alloc)
>>
>> Those certainly don't look healthy..
>
> There were a few of those also in 7.5.2 build with the same buildroot
> and system libraries, just a lot fewer. Any idea how to find the cause?

My strong assumption is that such -Walloc-size-larger-than are all false
positive warnings emitted by a poor version of GCC.  (There are lots of
such over-eager warnings getting implemented in recent versions of GCC,
with lots of known false positives.  Just every specific version of GCC
and specific set of GCC command line arguments emits a different set of
bogus warnings when building LO.)