Outreachy Dec 2023 - Implement Qt/KDE Frameworks theming using native Qt widgets - Weekly Update 1

Omkar Acharekar omkaracharekar12 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 06:38:59 UTC 2023

Hello Everyone,

        I wanted to share my progress for this week  as I started
implementing the Weld API methods for Qt. To start off,  I began with
simple message dialogs like this
<https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/5e8c0575e877795aaca91346548cd0136fa22048/uui/source/masterpasscrtdlg.cxx#64>.
I did the implementation of QtInstanceMessageDialog and basic functions
like set_primary_text, set_secondary_text, set_Icon etc. Today, I will
finish the run method, which will display this native Qt widget. Once
completed, I will make pull request for these changes. Thanks to Mentors
Michael Weghorn and Heiko Tietze for their guidance and support.

      Next week, I will continue implementing the QtInstanceBuilder. It
will be needed for creating other message dialogs like QuerySaveDocument,
QuerySaveContourChangesDialog etc and other widgets.

Best Regards
Omkar