Outreachy Dec 2023 - Weekly Update 3

Omkar Acharekar omkaracharekar12 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 18:11:52 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

     I wish to share my last week's progress. This week I mostly worked on
fixing issues in the previous patch and working on the QtInstanceBuilder.
The tough issue here is to convert already existing gtk ui files into a
format that can be compatible with Qt. Taking guide from vcl parser and
gtk3 to gtk4 conversion, for a few ui files, I've started basic parsing and
conversion code for a few UI files. But It requires much more parsing and
conversion logic. But would be a good starting point.

    Next week I will continue working on this. If anyone has suggestions or
insights to share, please feel free to do so. Thanks to Michael and Heiko
for their guidance.

     Wishing you all a very happy new year!

Thank you