LO Viewer for Android: failures in make install

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Wed Feb 8 19:05:25 UTC 2023

Greetings,

I am trying to follow the instructions at
"Development/BuildingForAndroid"
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingForAndroid>;.
The step `make install` failed with messages (lines rewrapped).

    * Where:

    Build file
    '/home/terry/lo_hacking/git/android/android/source/build.gradle'
    line: 3

    * What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating root project 'source'.
    Could not read script
    '/home/terry/lo_hacking/git/android/android/source/liboSettings.gradle'
    as it does not exist.

and

    Task failed with an exception.
    -----------
    * What went wrong:
    A problem occurred configuring root project 'source'.
    compileSdkVersion is not specified. Please add it to build.gradle

Christian Lohmaier has written
<https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/dev/2016/msg03930.html>
that a toplevel make will create the file.  I had just done a toplevel
make, but after another one, 'make install` failed similarly.

In build.gradle, line 3 is

    apply from: 'liboSettings.gradle'

I am building on debian-sid, and my autogen.input, minus comments, is

    --enable-option-checking=fatal
    --with-vendor=Terrence Enger
    --with-external-tar=/home/terry/lo_hacking/git/src
    --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
    --host=i686-linux-android
    --with-android-sdk=/home/terry/Android/Sdk
    --with-android-ndk=/home/terry/Android/Sdk/ndk/25.2.9519653
    --with-android-api-level=21
    --enable-dbgutil
    --with-theme=colibre
    --disable-zxing

and I have set envvar ANDROID_HOME=/home/terry/Android/Sdk

Any advice or guidance is welcome.

Thank you, all, for your attention.
Terry.