Consider changing version numbering scheme

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 16:19:28 UTC 2023

Can I just suggest that the problem is described here and then ignored.

Could you possibly consider changing the rate of change so that WHEN an
update happens it IS regarded as "HEY we did something cool" instead of
"HEY... we've moved things around to make it harder for you and introduced
a bunch of bugs that will get in your way and possibly delete your work
without warning."

The second kind of change should never even be possible for download as a
general release. You're using your whole userbase as alpha-testers... and I
think you're noticing users have figured it out.