Chart Colours: Bug or expected behaviour

Stéphane Guillou stephane.guillou at libreoffice.org
Mon Jan 23 22:51:17 UTC 2023

On 23/1/23 23:33, Toki wrote:
> All:
>
> Before I file a bug-report, I want to know if this is due to my having
> a strange setup, or is the expected behaviour, or is a bug other
> people experience.
>
> Image is at https://i.imgur.com/fJZuiF4.png
>
> Version: 7.5.0.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
> Build ID: c0dd1bc3f1a385d110b88e26ece634da94921f58
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.10; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
> Locale: en-ZA (en_NZ.UTF-8); UI: en-ZA
> Calc: threaded
>
> Look at the default colours at >Tools >Options >Charts >Default Colors.
>
> Look at the colours in the bar chart.
> (The bar chart has the colours this specific chart requires.)
>
> I tried umpteen times to change the default colours for charts to the
> colours I use --- the colours in the bar chart.
>
> Is >Tools >Options >Charts >Default Colors no longer functional?
>
> jonathon

Hi Toki

You are right, changing the default colours in the Options dialog is not
persistent anymore. It's a regression as LO 6.1 saves them properly. (I
tested on Ubuntu 20.04)

Can you please report the bug on Bugzilla? I couldn't find an existing
report.

Thank you!

--
Stéphane Guillou
Quality Assurance Analyst | The Document Foundation

Email: stephane.guillou at libreoffice.org
Mobile (France): +33 7 79 67 18 72
Matrix: @stragu:matrix.org
Fediverse: @stragu at mastodon.indie.host