Configuration problem: checking for UCRT location fails

Hossein Nourikhah hossein at libreoffice.org
Fri Jan 27 14:33:11 UTC 2023

Hello,

We have actually tried to compile and run a simple program like this,
and it was successful inside the Visual Studio 2022.

#include <utility>
#include <iostream>
int main (void)
{
     std::cout << "_MSC_VER" << std::endl;
     return 0;
}

Looking into some similar problems, I think there might a problem with
the Windows SDK installation, or its version.

UNSOLVED c1083: cannot open include file: 'stddef.h':No such file or
directory
https://forum.qt.io/topic/91057/c1083-cannot-open-include-file-stddef-h-no-such-file-or-directory/15

I can see in the logs:

WINDOWS_SDK_LIB_SUBDIR='10.0.22621.0'

This is Windows 11 SDK, and he's using Windows 11. In the requirements
section of the TDF Wiki, we see:

* Windows 10 SDK (10.0.xxxxx.x)
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows

But no details exist on what xxxxx.x can, and should be.

It seems that I should suggest him to find and install another version
of the Windows SDK, or even remove the Windows 11 SDK. Isn't it?

Regards,
Hossein