Link error

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Sun Jan 29 23:19:14 UTC 2023

Hi Mike, hi Julian,

I am comforted to know that I am not the only one affected by such problems.

Julien Nabet schrieb am 29.01.2023 um 09:58:
> Indeed, the rare case when I build LO on Windows, first time is ok
> because I start with a "make clean", update Visual Studio, Windows,
> Cygwin, ... but once it's built if I want to update my local repo to
> retrieve a new patch it will fail in 99%.

It is not so often here. Most times even only building an effected
module is enough.

> Sometimes cleaning the module is enough but most of the times I must run
> a make clean. For me it's very annoying because I build LO for Windows
> on a laptop far less powerful than my Linux desktop.

I have done a clean build now and that has no problems. But making a
clean build lasts more than five hours and always has the risk that the
notebook overheats. Therefore, unattended compiling overnight is not a
solution. I should really consider to buy a desktop.

Kind regards,
Regina