Unsafe directory

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 18:09:02 UTC 2023

On 7/13/2023 2:17 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

> I'm not knowledgeable about Windows/CygWin, but I have two wild guesses:
> - the directory name contains non-ASCII characters ("é")
> - the directory name contains a space

Both things are perfectly valid in Windows, though sometimes
applications are not able to properly handle either.

The problem is more likely that the initial "/home/Régis Perdreau"
folder has been mapped in his cygwin installation to a non-writeable
folder in Windows (or not recommended to be written to by applications).
Windows and Linux/Unix (and in extension macOS) simply have different
convention for these kind of things. And using something like cygwin
unfortunately seems to be masking those conventions in unfavorable ways...

Ralf