[Help] Exception occurred, When debugging LibreOffice by VS Code on ubuntu (gnome desktop) . can't debug by vscode nomally.

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Fri Jul 21 04:52:22 UTC 2023

On 2023-07-21 03:24, Kevin Suo wrote:
> Could someone on the list take look at the error Zhao Xiao has
> encountered when he is debugging in VS Code. He is a newcomer and is
> preparing to contribute on CJK bug fixing.

I don't know much about Snap or LibreOffice development with VS Code, so
maybe others can provide better input, but at least some thoughts below.

> 于 2023年7月18日 GMT+08:00 下午12:07:26, "赵 晓东"
> <xiaodongzhaoneu at hotmail.com> 写到:
>
>     [ENV]
>     OS: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
>     LibreOffice: 7.5.5.1
>     VS Code: 1.80.1
>
>     [Compile Command]
>     ./autogen.sh --enable-debug --disable-ldap
>     make
>
>     [GDB Debug is OK]
>     make debug
>     run --writer
>
>     [When running libreoffice on VS Code terminal, exception occurred]
>     it at it-hp-desktop02:~/dev/libreoffice_dev/libreoffice-7.5.5.1$
>     ./instdir/program/soffice
>     /home/it/dev/libreoffice_dev/libreoffice-7.5.5.1/instdir/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error: /snap/core20/current/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: undefined symbol: __libc_pthread_init, version GLIBC_PRIVATE

The path here (
/snap/core20/current/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 ) suggests
that this is somehow related to a library installed via snap.
Do you know how that was installed and why it is being used when
debugging from VS Code? Is there e.g. some LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in the VS
Code (project) settings?
Did you install VS Code via Snap? If so, does the issue also occur when
installing otherwise?

Since you mention that debugging with plain GDB works: Does starting
LibreOffice from outside VS Code and then attaching to the running
process work for debugging (at least as an alternative/workaround until
figuring out how to address the actual issue)?