package / tmp file usage ...

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Tue May 16 07:53:15 UTC 2023

On 14.05.2023 14:46, Noel Grandin wrote:
> What I can see is that we save to a temporary file and then copy the
> temporary file to its final location.
> That part however would require major surgery to change since it starts
> in sfx and goes through the dreaded UCB layer.

We introduced osl_replaceFile in
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/60163, which is designed to
minimize the overhead when replacing the target - so that it's still
possible to create a temporary file next to the destination, and then
make a cheap replacement. Is the problem that the initial place of
creation of the temporary file is somewhere else, not next to the target?

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski