Import of curved connectors from OOXML

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Nov 8 01:38:03 UTC 2023

Hi Thorsten, hi Tibor, hi all,

Thorsten Behrens schrieb am 04.11.2023 um 13:52:
> Hi Regina,
>
> Regina Henschel wrote:
>> It is not an ODF problem.
>>
> Oh ok - then what I implied, was instead of trying to emulate the
> curvedConnector3 connector by mapping it to our existing ones, why not
> implement the missing drawingml ones natively?

I have tried some more days to get at least for curvedConnector3 a
satisfactory approximation, but without success. So it seems we really
need to have a second way to render curved connectors.

I do not want to replace the current way of the connector path, because
our path is nicer than the OOOXML way. Our path uses symmetric
transitions in the Bézier-curve, that is not the case in OOXML.

If we are in running LibreOffice we could distinguish two ways by a new
constant in enum class SdrCompatibilityFlag, for example. But how to
save such information to ODF?
Keep path definition as vague as it is now and put the information into
settings.xml?
Add a new value "curveOOXML" to draw:type (19.229.2) to specify a path
as in OOXML?

Tibor, you have assigned some connector related bugs to you. Do you have
already started the work?

Another question is, whether I should continue with my work on
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/156629 or postpone it until the
connector problems are solved? In current state of my patch import uses
them with default routing.

Kind regards,
Regina