About tdf#157884 Typo in UNO command ".uno:UnhainFrame"

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Mon Oct 23 07:30:30 UTC 2023

Hi!

Heiko Tietze wrote:
> The typo is there for more than twenty years and macros may depend on it.
>
> Can we change the label but add an alias to the new "unchain" command, flag
> this alias as deprecated, and remove it with the next release?

Adding an alias, and cleaning up our code sounds like a good idea.

Removing the original, wrong UNO command in the next release - not so
much. Those things end up in recorded macros, changing that will break
an unknown number of macros for an unknown number of likely not very
technical users.

My 2 cents,

-- Thorsten