Import of wordprocessing canvas

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Fri Sep 15 07:33:56 UTC 2023

Hi Regina,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 03:55:48PM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> Rotated shapes with rotated text:
> The VML import uses the draw object label text and thus the text is rotated.
> My DML import uses the same import as in Writer. That means that text is in
> an associated frame and therefore cannot rotate.
>
> So what to do? Go that way nevertheless? Give the user an option what kind
> of import he wants? Or?

For the shape-with-rotated text part, I would suggest to go that way
neverhtheless. Sooner or later we'll have to solve the lack of rotation
for the same "drawingML in wps/wpg" case anyway, and the various other
improvements you get by moving to drawingML for wpc seems to outweight
the trouble of rotated text.

Regards,

Miklos