Question about async methods (related to tdf#158965 "Find Record: Similarities dialog won't appear")

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 3 13:01:51 UTC 2024

Hello,

I noticed several methods about async:

1) from include/vcl/abstdlg.hxx:

StartExecuteAsync

2) from include/svtools/genericasyncunodialog.hxx

executedAsyncDialog which seems used only for PDF dialog

createAsyncDialog  used for PDF dialog but above all in startExecuteModal

startExecuteModal

runAsync

(perhaps I forgot some).

Is there some plan to unify them (or at least reduce the number of them)
or each one has its useful role?

I mean noticing tdf#158965 (Find Record: Similarities dialog won't
appear), I wanted to compare the way the other methods used async to
understand what caused the assertion in tdf and noticed all these methods.

Julien