Error occurs, when typing correct

Stéphane Guillou stephane.guillou at libreoffice.org
Thu Jan 18 15:21:33 UTC 2024

Hi Walter

I assume you mean "Calc" when you say "excel".
Your question might be more suited for ask.libreoffice, and if you think
it is a bug, for bugs.documentfoundation.org.
What you see is the difference between the use of the "straight"
apostrophe at the beginning of a cell's content (which can be used to
force it to be displayed "as is" instead of understood as a formula or a
number) and an autocorrect rule (replacing a "straight" apostrophe by
the corresponding locale's typographic apostrophe or quotation mark).
Feel free to turn the autocorrect rule off in Tools > AutoCorrect
options > Localized options > Single quotes.

If you have further questions, please go to ask.libreoffice as this
mailing list is for discussing development.

Thank you!

--
Stéphane Guillou
Quality Assurance Analyst | The Document Foundation

Email:stephane.guillou at libreoffice.org
Matrix: @stragu:matrix.org
Fediverse: @stragu at mastodon.indie.host
Web:https://stragu.gitlab.io/