Help on toolbars

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at libreoffice.org
Sat Mar 2 20:30:46 UTC 2024

Hi Regina

Thank you for looking at.

On 2/29/24 14:57, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> I have tested what happens, when you go to an icon in the toolbar via F6
> and then tabs. When you are on an icon and then press F1, the help
> system gets e.g. .HelpId:textobjectbar or .HelpId:standardbar. But there
> exists no corresponding page and a 404 is shown.
>
> Kind regards,
> Regina

So this is a half-way solution. Something is sent, but no specific target.

I also tried the other UIs. If we set the notebook bar active, then F1
on a icon sends another bookmark based on the notebookbar.ui internals.
For example, pressing F1 on Copy command in Home tab of the Calc module
sends this bookmark:

"modules/scalc/ui/notebookbar/LineB7"

So, nothing related mnemonically to .uno:Copy.

You can imagine how hard it will be to map all these bookmarks to the
proper Help page. An automatic approach seems needed: For a given uno
command, what toolbar/menu/shortcut/UI/ has it.

Kind regards
--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator