Official support for windows-arm64

Pierrick Bouvier pierrick.bouvier at linaro.org
Fri Mar 15 10:41:29 UTC 2024

Dear LibreOffice developers,

I would like to discuss and offer some help on support for windows-arm64
platform.

Linaro, through the Windows on Arm
(https://www.linaro.org/windows-on-arm/) team, has been supporting
various open source projects to enable them on windows-arm64. In
collaboration with Microsoft, we would like to help LibreOffice to offer
stable builds for this platform.

So far, I've been able to reproduce existing cross compilation build,
thanks to work merged in LibreOffice 7.1. We noticed the existence of
experimental installers, built on a daily basis
(https://ci.libreoffice.org//job/lo_daily_tb_win_arm64/).

After some discussion on
https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/windows-arm64-listing-in-downloads-page/102870,
it was advised to contact this mailing list.

We noticed that the lack of available machines for this platform could
be a problem, and we discussed that with Microsoft, which could sponsors
up to two (physical) machines for this.

Let us know how we can help!

Regards,
Pierrick