[Libva] H264 BaseLine or Main Profile on VAAPI's VDPAU backend

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Wed Aug 26 10:37:30 PDT 2009

Le 26 août 09 à 18:09, Gwenole Beauchesne a écrit :

> AVFrame.data[3] shall receive the VASurfaceID of a new surface.
>
> For H.264, AVFrame.data[0] shall not be NULL but anything different
> from eachother AVFrame should fit. e.g. the VASurfaceID too or
> whatever pointer to private surface data.

I think I need to clarify this one as the suggestion was not fully
correct: AVFrame.data[0-2] are reserved to YV12 pixels readback but
this is not implemented yet. And, due to performance reasons, this
will be an option, should this be ever implemented. While you
generally can leave this to NULL, this is not the case for H.264 codec
where it needs this filled in a way that AVFrame1.data[0] !=
AVFrame2.data[0] != ...  Otherwise, it won't construct RefPicList
correctly.

So, as a simplification for the time being, you can make
AVFrame.data[0] = VASurfaceID.

Regards,
Gwenole.