[Libva] Implementations supporting X pixmap in vaPutSurface()?

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Tue Jul 21 06:23:33 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, Yuan, Shengquan wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Gwenole
> Beauchesne<gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to know if there is any native libva driver supporting an X
> > pixmap to vaPutSurface().
> >
> > I tried my hwdecode-demos (e.g. ./vaapi_h264 --readback pixmap) but Intel
> > GMA500 5.0.1.0046 is failing as follows on my Jaunty.
>
> There is, but I am not sure how you can get it in a short time.  Intel
> Moorestown platform video driver supports this feature, and there is
> some effort in Intel to back-port Moorestown graphics and video driver
> to Pousbo chipset, and I think there isn't external release so far.

OK, thanks for the information, I will poll for updates then. ;-)

> > X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
> >   Major opcode of failed request:  136 (XFree86-DRI)
> >   Minor opcode of failed request:  9 ()
> >   Value in failed request:  0x3000005
> >   Serial number of failed request:  35
> >   Current serial number in output stream:  35

I think we shouldn't crash in that case, but rather make vaPutSurface()
return VA_STATUS_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_DRAWABLE for example?

BTW, I also tried IEGD 10.1 (build 1418). It doesn't crash but it doesn't
work either as it just returns a pixmap of black pixels.

Regards,
Gwenole.