[Libva] profile used in mplayer vaapi

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Tue Nov 23 00:03:39 PST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010, Xiang, Haihao wrote:

>  It seems mplayer_vaapi always uses the first profile in the supported
> list and passes it to vaapi driver via vaCreateConfig. Sometimes the
> vaapi driver needs to know which profile the decoded bitstream is in. Is
> there a way to pass the right profile to vaapi driver?

Actually, mplayer currently uses the highest H.264 profile available. This
will change in the future but the necessary patches have not been accepted
upstream yet. I could also expose a suitable VA profile through the FFmpeg
vaapi_context and use that in the mplayer libvo/vo_vaapi.c.

Is this for baseline profile support?

Regards,
Gwenole.