[Libva] Is there any video application support hardware encoding by vaapi such as mplayer-vaapi ?

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Mon Sep 20 09:41:01 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Zhou, Chang wrote:

> So is there any video application support hardware encoding by vaapi such as mplayer-vaapi ?

There are GStreamer plug-in elements from Intel for VA-API accelerated
video encoding (MixVideoEncoder). Probably ask Tao(?) about it. Please
read Abhi's whitepaper about how to use it. I don't know if this is E600
specific though.

<http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/EMGD/>
=> "White paper: Video Encoding Accelerator Solution for Intel® Atom™
Processor E6xx Series"

Adding support to FFmpeg can be considered if I actually have the HW and
working driver. ;-)

Regards,
Gwenole.