[Libva] [LibVA] vainfo error

Andrew Z formisc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:16:28 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Robert Jobbagy
<jobbagy.robert at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I tried vainfo , but I gave this error :
>
> vainfo
> libva: libva version 0.32.0
> libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
> libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/i915_drv_video.so
> libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
> vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
>
> lspci |grep VGA
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 10)
>
> in /usr/lib64/dri are these files :
>
> i915_dri.so
> i965_dri.so
> i965_drv_video.so
>
> my integrated chipset is too old and it isn't supported ? Or what can I do
> ?
>
> Thanks your help.
>

> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Robert

> Robert,
 i can only partially comment on your situation by sharing my experience.

I run RH6 and Nvidia card (GT240). The rpmforge rpm (latest and greatest)
for whatever reason, didn't work for me. It's possible that i did smth
wrong. But as a matter of learning i took upon a task of making an rpm from
source files myself.
After some struggle (due to my silliness) i got the 0.31.X version to work.
So, maybe, if you haven't done this yet, you can try to compile from source
and see if it works or not.