[Libva] fflush inside va_trace (with network drivers)

Osin, Alexander I alexander.i.osin at intel.com
Fri Jun 17 01:56:04 PDT 2011

	Hi,
	I have started to debug "segmentation fault" and hangs in video driver stack. I found that our libva tracing doesn't work in some cases.
	The issue: 'fflush' is not supported by some network file system drivers.

	I see three paths:
1) Use 'fclose trick' instead of fflush. We can add new option in /etc/libva.conf for switching between fflush (default) and fclose.
2) Replace existing high level IO tracing (fopen, etc) by low level (open, etc). After that we can use ioctl(...,
FIOSYNC,...). But some drivers do not support FIOSYNC then it's not 100% solution.
3) Keep current va tracing. It works ok for most cases.

	Do you know other workarounds?
	Guys, what do you think?

Thanks,
Alexander

Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
Russian Federation