[Libva] Do all back-end drivers support H.264 hardware encoding?

Karthik Kailash karthik at freestreammedia.com
Wed Oct 5 09:50:56 PDT 2011

Hi Gwenole,

Thanks for the information.  It seems based on some digging that the Intel
platform is windows only?  (Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video,
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=77855 ).

Is this the case or does VA-API allow me to use the hardware acceleration in
Linux?

Best,
Karthik