[Libva] Status of libva and mplayer/ffmpeg?

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Thu Oct 6 10:26:09 PDT 2011

*** UPDATE ***

It seems to work now!

The -va option was really there, that whas just my stupidity.

I added "--enable-xrender" to the config flags.

Also I added "-vf-clr" to the options, which avoided the filters
deinterlace and screenshot from being used, apparantly using filters
breaks using vaapi (I could understand that...)

CPU usage is 55% without vaapi and 6-9% using vaapi.

Stubborn as I am, I will still try again to make the patched mplayer to
be in sync with the svn version...