[Libva] libva 1.0.15

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 01:36:42 PDT 2011

Hi,

2011/10/29 Eric Valette <eric.valette at free.fr>:

> Thanks for the goog work. As I use debian, I tested the debian package
> generation. The code does genrate debina package correctly but the generated
> packages are incompatible with debian ones. You cannot install if you had a
> previous debian install and removing debian libva packages prevent to have
> many players like vlc, ...

The NEWS entry was misleading, I actually meant .deb packaging. I
don't think upstream aims at replacing distribution packages. It's for
people who don't use distro packages. And people who use distro
packages and want to use those will know how to remove the previous
distro ones. Besides, distributions are generally fast to catch up.
e.g. I saw that Ubuntu already have new packages in some common ppa.

Regards,
Gwenole.