[Libva] New VA drivers repositories

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.devel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:59:10 PDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/12 Achim Hofmann <news at achim-hofmann.com>:

> did you move your XvBA backend driver from its proprietary license to
> the GNU GPL V2 and therefore released the source code? Or are the
> xvba-driver found at
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/vaapi/xvba-driver/
>
> and the xvba-video driver found at
>
> http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbeauchesne/xvba-video/
>
> completely different things?

It's the same. The fd.o git repository is exactly the same as:
<http://code.splitted-desktop.com/git/?p=xvba-video.git;a=summary>

The fd.o git is the new reference. This also means there won't be any
precompiled binaries & packages. I don't think we have any allocated
storage on the webserver. Though, I don't know of a single
distribution that doesn't ship with libva and VA drivers nowadays. So,
it's hoped they would update their binaries from fd.o.

> Seems like AMD finally released a SDK for XvBA in the meantime.

Not XvBA 0.75 specs yet. So, no MPEG-2 VLD or MPEG-4 decoding.

Regards,
Gwenole.