[Libva] [LibVA] H.264/AVC decode with g45-h264 branch

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Tue Sep 13 13:49:18 PDT 2011

On 13/09/2011 22:01, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> Yes,
>
> Intel claims that it works. But it dont.
>
> See:
> http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?53084-Finally-Intel-G45-VA-API-Support-Is-Available&p=226166#post226166
>
> Its been brought up time and time again on this mailing list. But never
> any word from intel. (Check the list archive)

The git tree does not even compile for almost a year because of missing
link in generated Makefiles.

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/vaapi/libva (tonight at 11 )

sh autogen.sh

make

Making all in decode
make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire «
/home/valette/local/src/libva/test/decode »
   CXX    mpeg2vldemo.o
   CXXLD  mpeg2vldemo
/usr/bin/ld: mpeg2vldemo.o: undefined reference to symbol 'vaCreateSurfaces'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'vaCreateSurfaces' is defined in DSO
/home/valette/local/src/libva/va/.libs/libva.so.1 so try adding it to
the linker command line
/home/valette/local/src/libva/va/.libs/libva.so.1: could not read
symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [mpeg2vldemo] Erreur 1

So I would say that anyway people do not really care about what is said
here. I reported this at least tree times...