[Libva] using libva video compression on system with no monitor

rlandle at gdrs.com rlandle at gdrs.com
Mon Aug 13 05:37:51 PDT 2012

I was wondering if it was possible to use libva for gpu video compression/acceleration on intel HD3000 on a system with no monitor?
I have an fc-16 (linux 3.1) sytem in which I built the intel 2001Q4 graphic package.
I can run vainfo successfully while I am plugged into the system with keyboard/mouse/monitor.

However when I ssh into the system an attempt to run vainfo I get the following error:

libva: VA-API version 0.32.0
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display "localhost:10.0".
libva: va_getDriverName() returns -1
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

It must be possible to take advantage of the intel gpu video compression acceleration hardware on systems without a monitor/keyboard/mouse. No?

Thanks,
Bob

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Robotic Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information. No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.