[Libva] VA VPP scaling problem with target sizes not aligned to 16/8 pixels

Verbeiren, David david.verbeiren at intel.com
Thu Jun 28 07:01:59 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using VA post-processing feature to scale and combine multiple surfaces (result of decode) onto a target surface which is then displayed using vaPutSurface(). This works well but I'm seeing that scaling is only correct for target widths that are aligned to 16 pixels and heights aligned to 8 pixels. For other target sizes, the final rows or columns show a repeat of the last row or column of the last full block of 8 or 16.

I was able to tweak the code so it doesn't do this repeat, but then the final rows or columns are plainly missing, so it's not really a solution, especially when implementing continuous zoom in/out, as the surface border then jumps by 8 pixels vertically and 16 horizontally.

Is there a limitation in the "shader" scaling code with regards to target dimensions? Is it supposed to handle non 16/8 aligned sizes?

Thanks,
-David
Intel Corporation NV/SA
Kings Square, Veldkant 31
2550 Kontich
RPM (Bruxelles) 0415.497.718.
Citibank, Brussels, account 570/1031255/09