[Libva] Fwd: amd uvd backend status request

Patrizio Bassi patrizio.bassi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 09:53:12 PDT 2013

2013/7/3 Rinat Ibragimov <ibragimovrinat at mail.ru>

> Среда,  3 июля 2013, 16:21 +02:00 от Patrizio Bassi <
> patrizio.bassi at gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i'm now using linux 3.10 with mesa 9.2-devel which exposes new AMD UVD
> > open source interface for gpu hw decoding.
> >
> > I tested it with flash binary client and mplayer using both vdpau
> > interface and they work great.
> >
> > Problem is several software such as VLC or chromium use libva
> > interface, for which i could not find the AMD backend.
>
> You need to install `vdpau-va-driver'. It provides VA-API interface for
> VDPAU-enabled hardware. It should just work.
>
> > Anyone working on this?
> > I would be happy to test and contribute.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Patrizio Bassi
>

> ---
> Rinat

Ok, actually i needed to symlink the vdpau driver to r600 vaapi was looking
for.
The real problem is this is not working

1) chromium doesn't accelerate html5 videos
2) vlc cannot reproduce at all h264 some videos leaving a black screen,
while audio runs. some other mp4 it can reproduce but using a huge amount
of cpu (50%), while in sw mode it uses 10% (mplayer2 too in sw mode)

Sounds really buggy and unusable

Patrizio