[Libva] [intel-driver] Conflicting return types of i965_proc_picture

Sebastian Ramacher sramacher at debian.org
Mon May 19 01:54:47 PDT 2014

In Debian we have received the following bug report:

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Comparing the definition of i965_proc_picture here:
>
> http://sources.debian.net/src/intel-vaapi-driver/1.3.1-1/src/i965_post_processing.c?hl=5314,5315#L5314
>
> and the declaration as well as the use:
>
> http://sources.debian.net/src/intel-vaapi-driver/1.3.1-1/src/gen75_picture_process.c?hl=41,42,66,67#L41
>
> it seems that not only should the declaration in gen75_picture_process.c be
> adjusted, but gen75_vpp_fmt_cvt may wish to make actual use of the (error
> reported) return value of i965_post_processing.

For the full bug report please see
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=748555.

The first patch fixes the return type of i965_proc_picture. The second patch
changes gen75_vpp_fmt_cvt to forward the return value from i965_proc_picture.
However, I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not as the return value of
gen75_vpp_fmt_cvt is never checked anyway.

Cheers