[Libva] encoding text image in h264 at QP 1--what quality can be expected?

Zhao, Yakui yakui.zhao at intel.com
Wed Oct 8 17:35:59 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 10:02 -0600, Matt Pekar wrote:
> I've examined the behavior on Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 and Intel(R)
> Core(TM) i5-2400.  We target resolutions as low as 224x64 and up to
> 720P.
>
> Another thing I'm noticing is that the colors used seem to matter.  I
> put some white on black text up and it looks great.  Maybe there is an
> issue with how I do my colorspace conversion from BGR to NV12...

Hi, Matt

In order to narrow down the issue, Will you please help to remove the
extra color-space conversion of NV12 -> RGB and instead use the NV12
image directly for the encoding?

After the encoding is finished, you can calculate the corresponding PSNR
with the original reference YUV and then see whether the PSNR can meet
with your requirement.

Thanks.
    Yakui