[Libva] pvrsrvkm h264 decoding on cedarview

Sanchez, AdolfoX adolfox.sanchez at intel.com
Mon Oct 13 13:25:27 PDT 2014

Hello

One of our customers is using the pvrsrvkm driver on an Intel Atom D2550, an the VAAPI driver, he is using hardware acceleration to decode h.264 high profile level 4 at 5Mbps, but the image is freezing.
The customer is using VLC player with hardware decoding enabled, with a resolution of 1900x1080

He is using libva-cedarview-vaapi-driver 1.0.6

He doesn't have problems decoding other files, just with h.264

When he uses h.264 in baseline there is no problem.

The VAAPI documentation that I have found in 01.org just applies for Intel Controllers from GMA4500X onwards, but the Cedarview uses GMA3650, is there any documentation that indicate what is the maximum profile, level and bitrate that can be decoded with hardware acceleration for vaapi in cedarview?

Thanks for any help.

Best Regards,
Adolfo