[Libva] life cycle of exported vaapi buffer

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Fri Oct 24 02:07:45 PDT 2014

I met one usage:
App created all video texture (from EGLImage<--VASurface handle) during initialization, then use them; and finally destroy them during terminate.
The life cycle of exported handle is pretty long.
I think it is different from current driver implementation philosophy.

Anyway, it doesn't break much yet, since we don't realloc the surface buffer so far.
After vaReleaseBufferHandle(), the texture still refer to the surface data.