[Libva] Reverse playback problem

Sreerenj sreerenj.balachandran at intel.com
Tue Jan 13 00:19:26 PST 2015

Hi,

This might be a bug in gstreamer-vaapi....
Could you please file a bug against gstreamer-vaapi in gnome-bugzilla
for the same, we are tracking bugs through gnome-bugzilla.
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gstreamer-vaapi

On 12.01.2015 21:15, Engin Firat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a simple pipeline to play video files by using vaapidecode
> element. I want to change the playback rates of the pipeline. This
> task is accomplished by sending the event which is returned by
> function gst_event_new_seek () to filesink. There are no problems for
> positive rate values but there is problem for negative problems. One
> can find the debug output of gstreamer elements in case of negative
> rate is given.
>
> The same pipeline with only vaapidecode changed to avdec_h264 is not
> problematic and negative rate values do not cause any problems.
>
> I have changed the example given in following link according to my
> different requirements.
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Basic+tutorial+13%3A+Playback+speed
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> *Engin FIRAT*
> Adoniss Yazılım Bilişim
> Elektronik Araştırma Geliştirme
> Limited Şirketi
>
> +90 506 884 82 07 (Mobile)
>
> ODTÜ Teknokent, ODTÜ-Halıcı Yazılımevi
> İnönü Bulvarı / ANKARA (Address)

Thanks
Sree

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki