[Libva] test/decode sample shows blank window

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Tue Jan 13 21:01:33 PST 2015

On Sun, 2015-01-11 at 22:44 -0800, Paul A. Steckler wrote:
> Yes, I mean the mpeg2vldemo program.
>
> In fact, I had the master branch checked out from
> github.com/gbeauchesne/libva.git, which
> appears to differ from the "official" repository.
>
> I checked out the repo at anongit.freedesktop.org/git/libva.When I run
> mpeg2vldemo with that
> code, it reports the VA API version as 0.37.0.
>
> And I get the same behavior as with the other code. But, yes, when
> kill the cinnamon window
> manager in Linux Mint, I see the image of what appears to be a baby!
>
> What causes this behavior?

I don't know exactly the cause of this issue. Some possible reasons are:
1. libva driver handles a small drawable wrongly.
2. libva driver gets wrong parameters from X server.
3. X server swaps front/back buffer wrongly for a small drawable.

If possible, could you give a try with the latest X server and
xf86-video-intel ?

Thanks
Haihao